Summer Car Care Tips-Jai Prakash Automobiles
When summer is in full swing, you may be tempted to take your car on long road trips as well as occasional beach trips. Getting your car ready for winter is common, but you should know that it is important to keep your car in top condition even in summer. Serving it before a long drive and protecting it from the scorching sun are just a few ways you can keep your car healthy and prudent!
In this article, we’ve put together some tips for taking care of your car during the summer season.
- Coolant system- It is important that our cars keep cool in the summer, just as we do! So, you should check the level of coolant in your car and inspect the hose and reservoir. Watch carefully for leaks and focus more on the connection points and joints. Provided that the engine is cool, when you squeeze the hoses they should feel firm, not soft.
- Wipers- If summer at the place where you reside gives you surprise showers once in a while, you should ensure that the wipers are in good condition. Worn wipers leave lines on the windshield; It can also affect your driving. So, when you take your car for a service, ask about the wipers. The cabin will be cooler if the windshield is protected in this way. You should also buy a shed for your back window. The rear seat and dashboard will be protected with this shield.
- Engine belt- The engine belt can become loose or start making noises. It needs to be in good condition and in good condition. You should replace the belt if it has worn out.
- Essential fluids- You should monitor the oil, windshield-washer fluids, and power steering fluids periodically. Keeping track of these consumables and getting a mechanic to inspect the vehicle for these are very important for the health of the car.
- Tyres- The tyres of your car need to be checked all throughout the year. Make sure all tire pressures are in line. Trades should be free of stones, nails, etc. Also, always keep an extra tire in your car.
- Air conditioner- If your car’s air conditioning system has not been working properly, it is now time to get serious about this. Check your car with a qualified mechanic to fix leaks or other problems caused by it.
- Air filter- The drainage points, air filter, or other nozzles on your vehicle may be clogged by debris. You will give this part a good clean.
- Sunshade and dashboard- If your car is usually parked in a parking lot, exposed to the sun, then you should look to buy a windshield cover that protects the dashboard from harmful rays. The cabin will be cooler if the windshield is protected in this way. You should also buy a shed for your back window. The rear seat and dashboard will be protected with this shield.
- Keep the vehicle clean- Summertime is synonymous with picnics. So if you are traveling with kids, the rear seat is highly prone to getting dirty with drink cans and empty cookie wrappers. Make sure you keep the inside of the car clean. It is also important to keep the windshield free of dust and stains. This helps you see better while driving. Care should also be taken to keep the exterior of the vehicle clean. Protect paintwork and repair damage caused by insects and birds. You can wax your car to keep it shiny and clean.
When going on a long drive in the summer, make sure you carry all the necessary items such as an extra tyre, emergency first aid kit, lots of snacks, phone charger, GPS navigation system, flashlight, and a small tool kit.
Related Searches: summer car care tips 2022, summer car maintenance checklist, summer car safety, summer vehicle health check, start engine out of car, how to get an old truck running.